Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Homemade Granola by Jana

I can hardly wait to give it a try! I love me some Greek Yogurt with nuts, fruit and honey mixed in. Im thinking this would be the PERFECT addition...




Homemade GranolaIn a large bowl:
8 cups oatmeal (...or I did 6 c oatmeal, 1 c unsweetened coconut flakes, and 1 c Kashi cereal I had on hand... you can be creative with 2 of the 8 cups to give it some different texture)



In a sauce pan combine:
3/4 c agave
1/2 c canola oil
1/2 c water
1/4 c honey
1/2 t salt
Cook til warm, then add:1 t vanilla1 t cinnamon
Pour sauce over dry ingredients. (I don't pour it all at once. Pour half, then mix well. Then pour the rest and mix well). Spread over 2 cookie sheets.
Bake at 300 for 30-40 mins then take it out and stir it. (At this point I sprinkled it with a light sprinkle of Splenda and more cinnamon) Turn the oven down to 200, switch the cookie sheets (top to the bottom, bottom to the top) and cook it for another 30-45 mins (until your house starts to smell really yummy). Leave it on the counter for a few hours, then put it in a air tight container and you're set for some yummy snack and yogurt parfaits :)

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is now my go to recipe for granola and it never, ever fails! Even when we're low on one ingredient, it's a simple base to substitute what we have in the pantry. Thanks for such a GREAT staple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is an old post but I just stumbled onto your blog through Pinterest. I am allergic to oats, could you suggest a substitute?

    ReplyDelete
  4. According to Stanford Medical, It is really the SINGLE reason women in this country live 10 years more and weigh on average 42 pounds lighter than we do.

    (And actually, it is not about genetics or some hard exercise and EVERYTHING around "HOW" they eat.)

    P.S, I said "HOW", and not "what"...

    Tap on this link to find out if this easy questionnaire can help you release your real weight loss possibility

    ReplyDelete